Mosquito Control Services
Mosquitoes, ticks and other pests are a growing threat across the Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia regions. Read more about the danger of mosquito and other insect-borne illnesses, and how you can protect yourself, your family and your pets.
One of the best known summer pests, mosquitoes breed in stagnant water or soft soil and can develop from egg to adult in 10 to 14 days. Female mosquitoes suck our blood. Male mosquitoes feed on plant nectars. They can develop from egg to adult in 10 to 14 days. They are most active from dusk to dawn and will fly up to 14 miles for a blood meal.
- The number of West Nile Virus and Lyme disease cases are on the rise across the Washington, D.C. region. Mosquito-borne illnesses affect more than seven hundred million people around the world each year.
- Mosquitoes are more than a nuisance. More than 1,000 Americans are killed or seriously injured each year due to mosquito bites.
- A single female mosquito can lay up to 300 eggs at a time. These eggs can survive for almost seven years until exposed to water.
- Only female mosquitoes typically bite. Male mosquitoes typically feed off plant nectar.
- A mosquito grows from larvae to full grown adult in about a week.
- A tiny drop of water is all mosquitoes need to breed.
- Mosquitoes can live for several weeks under ideal conditions, but typically live two to three weeks.
- Mosquitoes’ powerful sense of smell allow them to detect a victim 100 yards away.
My Pest Pros Mosquito Control Services
Take back your yard and enjoy being outside again and mosquito free. Guaranteed! My Pest Pros of Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia offers safe and effective solutions to eliminate mosquitoes so families throughout the national capital region can enjoy their backyard fun. Our natural-based mosquito control solutions offer safe family and pet friendly options. We also service commercial properties including golf courses, pools, parks, daycare centers, schools, camps and other businesses.
How It Works
We stop mosquitoes where they breed and then establish a protective barrier around your property that keeps them away from you, your family and friends.
Our environmentally friendly treatments are safe for your kids and pets…but not mosquitoes, ticks, flies, gnats, stink bugs and other pests. They wont stand a chance.
Our licensed experts identify and treat areas that mosquitoes breed in. Then they apply a barrier spray around property lines and foliage to keep mosquitoes from traveling from your neighbor’s yard or other surrounding properties. Our treatments are even effective for properties adjacent to lakes, ponds, creeks or wooded areas.
From small backyards to athletic fields and other public spaces, My Pest Pros keeps mosquitoes, ticks and other pests away so you can enjoy being outdoors again. My Pest Pros offers a variety of services and options for any budget, property size or occasion. Click on the links below to learn more about the solutions available for mosquito control today!
- Barrier Sprays
- Automatic Misting Systems
- Commercial and Community Applications
- Special Event Sprays
- Check Out Our General Pest Control Services
Contact My Pest Pros today to learn how we can design a program to eliminate your mosquitoes, ticks and other nuisances in Washington D.C., Virginia and Maryland.